When the temperature touches the sky, making it hot and unbearable, the cool wind and rain come as a breather
Monsoon shower is everywhere, giving us relief from the scorching heat and keeping us refreshed throughout the day. Getting drenched in the rain is therapeutic, a feeling, a state of happiness, you cannot avoid the dominant fragrance of the rain, the greenery all around and the cool breeze, which no other weather can give. But it brings along a lot of skin and hair related problems. Therefore follow a proper skin care routine.
Our skin undergoes a lot during the rainy season as the humidity level is very high, that can be dreadful for the skin, especially for individual with, sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. Hence, it becomes essential to take formidable steps for your skin and hair as per the changing seasons.
Our skin and hair goes through following challenges:
- Hair fall
- Skin allergies and rash
- Extreme dandruff
- Fungal infection
- Oily scalp
- Dull and brittle hair
Due to the surplus amount of moisture in the air, the dust particles stick on the skin causing damage and breakouts. Here are few skin care tips during the monsoon:
- A proper skin care routine has to be followed which involves cleaning, toning and moisturizing.
- A sunscreen is a must, even during the monsoons to protect your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun. It should be a part of your daily skin care routine.
- Skin exfoliation is important at least twice a week, this will eradicate the dead layers and will make the skin glowing and fresh.
- Drink adequate amount of water. Keeping the skin hydrated is very essential for a proper skin care regime as this will remove the toxin from the body.
- Painting your face with heavy makeup is a huge put off, especially for the skin as it clogs the pores of the skin and causes acne. It is one of the most essential skin care routine.
- A proper skin care routine includes taking care of your hand and feet. Immediately wash your feet with soap and water, if you are exposed to puddles or rainwater.
- As you enter home, always wash your hand and face with lukewarm water. This will keep your skin healthy and clean. Skin is more prone to acne during rainy season due to oil secretion, hence keep your face clean and get rid of excess oil.
- Facials and bleaching should be avoided during the rainy season, as they can damage the skin more by making it rough.
- Keep your skin dry to avoid getting a bacterial infection.
- Nourish your skin with an oil-free moisturizer to avoid getting dryness. Include a moisturizer as your daily skin care routine.
Taking care of your hair should also be part of your daily regime during monsoon season. Here are few Hair care tips:
- The rainy weather makes the hair sticky and full of dust and pollutant, this triggers the bacteria and fungus on the scalp. Therefore, wash your hair on a regular basis with a mild shampoo and a cleanser.
- If possible, tie your hair during monsoons or cut your hair short to avoid dust accumulation and split ends.
- The scalp is very itchy, especially during rains and causes dandruff. Avoid getting your hair wet during monsoon, use an umbrella or cover your head wherever you go especially while travelling. This will protect your hair from pollution and grime.
- Avoid using hair dryer and opt for dry towel to eliminate moisture from your hair.
- If your hair has gotten wet in the rain, wash them immediately with a mild shampoo and let it dry. And also don’t comb wet hair as this will make your locks frail and susceptible to breakage.
- Use a wide-tooth comb for combing your hair, after they get dry.
- If you have long hair don’t tie them wet as this will make your hair unhealthy.
- Avoid any kind of chemicals on your hair during monsoon such as coloring, perming, rebonding or any other hair styling treatment.