When I take the name” Goa”, what comes to your mind? I am sure you must be thinking about – Baga beach, Tito’s club, Calangute beach, Chapora fort (courtesy – Dil Chahta Hai). But what if I say there is a hidden beach with splendid hills around and astounding golden sand. Does it ring the bell? To discover more, read the blog beneath.
Goa is a paradise for travelers and is the most preferred tourist destination in India. It is popular for its spectacular beaches, churches, food and of course alcohol. It is also a treat to watch the sunset while lazing on the shore. The exceptional view of the Arabian Sea making its coast enthralling. The destination is apt for party lovers, adventure freaks, and also for people who want to spend time alone with nature, a family trip, or a leisure one.
This time when I went to Goa, I decided to explore an unseen coast of adventure and stunning scenic beauty, that’s Butterfly Beach, which inhabits a small crescent-shaped bay on the northern tip of the Palolem beach in South Goa.
The beautiful gem has a vibration of serenity and ecstasy attached to it.
The turquoise water beach is surrounded by high rocks and the golden sand touching your feet will give you immense pleasure. The pleasant piece of shore has millions of butterflies hovering all around the place. The cape also bears a resemblance to the shape of the wing of a butterfly. This is the reason from where it got its name from. When the water is low, the sand vale becomes widespread and you can witness the traces of crabs and goldfishes. And if it is your lucky day, you will come across dolphins dancing here and there.
Butterfly beach is also edged by thick forests and candy to staunch every nature lover. The place is also miles away from the party noise and the perfect place if you are looking for some “Personal time”.
How to Reach Butterfly Beach from Palolem or Agonda Beach?
By Boat: One can arrive at Butterfly Beach either via boat or trek down to this place. You can hire a boat from Palolem beach, which is about 15 minutes ride. The rates are very nominal i.e., Rs. 1000 to 2000 (to and fro). If you want to see dolphins, you should go there in the morning hours. During monsoon season, alternative isn’t accessible.
By Road: The trek is close to 2 Km’s and starts from leopard valley club. Beyond that point, you can take a vehicle along with you. The beautiful surrounding through the wilderness will also make your experience worthwhile.
Things to do at the Beach:
1.Boat Ride: This is going to be a breath-taking experience of your life. You can cruise through the calm blue water and cherish those moments.
2. Dolphin sighting: Watching the dolphins playing near the shores of the sea is also an experience of its own.
3. Snorkeling: You can experience marine life by snorkeling at Butterfly Beach.
4. Picnic spot: It is also one of the favorite spots for people who want to plan an excursion with friends and family in Goa.
5. Witness the Butterflies and Goldfishes: Butterfly beach is also the house of abundant different species of butterflies.
6. Relax and enjoy the peace: Butterfly Beach is away from the city crowd. The small isolated beach with white sands and forested areas will make you return to this place again and again.
7. Breath-taking view: The beach offers a hypnotic sunset view that you can enjoy with your partner hand in hand.
Things to carry along with you:
- Drinking water
- Raincoat (if you travelling to Goa during monsoon)