Washing your hand frequently is the simplest way of protecting yourself from infection especially during this time when the spread of Corona Virus has been declared as Pandemic. Hand washing with soap eliminates germ and also prevents us from getting sick. People are in a habit of frequently touching their eyes, nose which can result in infection. Hand washing can create a safer hygienic environment otherwise the bacteria can circulate to surfaces making it vulnerable for spreading the COVID 19. During a global pandemic washing hand is the cheapest and easiest way to prevent the spread of the virus.
So let’s find out when and how to wash your hands effectively:
When to wash your hands
- Whenever they are dirty
- Before and after preparing the meal
- Before eating your food
- Treating wound or taking care of an ill person
- Taking off or inserting your contact lenses
- After using the toilet
- After touching an animal
- After changing a diaper or cleaning up the child
- After blowing your nose or sneezing or coughing
- After handling the garbage
- As you touch people
- As you touch any surface or object
- Anytime you feel your hands are dirty, go and wash them
How to wash your hands?
Wet your hands either with warm or cold water and apply sufficient liquid soap to create good foam.
Rub your palms together properly for at least 20 seconds.
Scrub the back of your hands, between your fingers, wrists and under your nails.
Rinse your hands well
Dry your hands with a clean towel.
An easiest way to stay healthy
Hand washing with soap and water is the simplest way to combat infection. Inculcating this habit can play an important role in preventing your health.