The spread of Covid-19 (Corona Virus) has infected people across the globe. The reason behind the epidemic disease continued to remain unrevealed but there is a major concern whether or not the travelers should continue with their travel plans. The first question arises is:
Should you cancel your plan?
This entirely depends on where you are travelling and how important it is. The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention has provided a list of guidance associated to Corona Virus warning people to no to travel to High alert countries like China, Iran, Italy and Japan.
Many airlines have withdrawn flights to such places. If you have organized to travel to any of these locations with enhanced safety and precaution, contact your airline operator and seek what alternatives you may be able to explore. The operator may refund you the entire amount or reschedule your ticket for any travel in the future without any extra cost. But if the travel is not mandatory, hold on for a while. It is better to be safe than sorry.
CDC states that older people and people with intrinsic health problems should completely avoid travelling as this can endanger their life and put them at enhanced risk for serious ailment.
What if you chose to Travel?
Covid 19 signs are similar to flu and cough, this can possibly manifest into something acute like kidney failure, respiratory discomfort and pneumonia. Avoiding travel to Corona virus hampered location is the best thing you can do to prevent yourself from the outbreak. Here are few measures which you can take to keep yourself safe while you are travelling.
- Wash your hands often for a minimum of 20 seconds. While traveling, you will come in proximity to many objects and things which can be contaminated. Washing your hand meticulously will reduce the risk of spreading of the virus. Always keep a sanitizer in your bag which contains 60 % alcohol, if at all there is no provision to wash the hand, it will act as your savior.
- Drink water from the bottle, buy your own water bottle and drink from that. Don’t let anyone drink water from your bottle. When you travel quality of the water and food is utmost important, avoid eating at a place where proper hygiene is not maintained. The food is eat should be properly cooked, don’t eat raw food. Stay away from poultry and live animals.
- Although, there is no drug available for Covid-19 but if you plan to travel, getting injected with flu and infection shots will reduce the chance of catching up an infection. Visit your doctor and consult for necessary travel precautions.
- Avoid crowded location and maintain distance from people. Stay away from people who are unwell, coughing and sneezing.
- Don’t touch your eyes, mouth and the nose with unwashed hands. Practice good hygiene.
Follow the above mentioned tips backed by experts to ensure a safe travel.