Online shopping has become quite popular these days. The internet is a paradise for avid shoppers or for people who are not shopaholic. With numerous online portals shoppers have taken their purchasing power to another level and are budget friendly.
Online portals are extremely reasonable and there is wide range of options available. It is easier for shoppers to make a price comparison and also one can take help from the review posted by other shoppers for cracking a deal or buying a product.
In simple words, Online shopping is an act of buying goods and services on the internet. It is a mode to buy multiple products from the luxury of home either via a laptop or a mobile. Everything is digital these days then why not shopping? During the phase of lockdown people working out using online tutorials, leaning recipes, taking online classes for various certification.
Pros of Online shopping:
1.Saves time: Online shopping saves time, if you make a comparison with a brick-and-motor store which is opened for a fixed time of duration. One can shop online as per their convenience and time preference throughout the day or night
2. Price comparison: When you shop at a traditional set up i.e. a store, you will have to buy at a price the shopkeeper has to offer you whereas with online shopping it is very simple to compare the price and get the best deal. There are search engines designed for comparing the price.
3. Unlimited options: A store has a limited capacity and can’t keep a variety of products. But as far as online is concerned the choices are plentiful. A shopper can buy goods and services from any part of the world. There may be shipping cost attached to it but as a consumer you have a power to select from the infinite options.
4. Plenty of discounts available: Your phone keeps beeping with online discount and notification messages. Our emails are flooded with such messages, if we sign up for their newsletter. There is reward, cash back, coupon codes and handful of discounts available luring the consumers to buy online. There are sites from where you can get coupon code they are termed as coupon code sites.
5. Available 24 by 7: The most convenient thing about online shopping is you can shop 24 by 7. It’s a savior for people who are working and only get off during the weekend as shopping during a weekend itself a huge task and waste a lot of time and energy.
6. No more waiting: Online shopping also saves you from the time wasted to stand in the queue for trying your outfit and also the lines before the final purchase. Whereas when you buy online, your final order page is just a few clicks away.
7. No more parking struggle: The most harassing part about going out for shopping is finding a parking. Locating a parking place is time consuming and very irritating especially during weekends and holidays.
Cons of Shopping online:
1.One can’t feel the fabric or try before buying: This is one of the reason I am not in the favor of online shopping because you can’t touch the fabric until it comes to your house. Feeling the item physically makes it easy for the consumer to evaluate the quality of the cloth. It even doesn’t allow a buyer to try the item be being considered for buying.
2. No personal touch: An online portal doesn’t have a personal touch, when you buy from a particular store a consumer is able to form a relationship with the seller. The seller can guide in making a right purchase and as per the requirement. Online shoppers do face such problems as there is no one available to help you if you need a suggestion.
3. Waiting for the delivery: Sometimes one has to wait for weeks to get their orders. On many occasions the consumer doesn’t get the product on time as suggested on the website regarding the availability of the same.
4. Looks can be deceptive: A dress which you purchased online can be different from the actual dress you have received. Pictures online are very attractive and looks appealing but what we get in our hand is not what we expected. The size is also inappropriate.
5. Privacy factor: This is the scariest part for most of us, as we share our personal data on the site including our credit card details. There always stands a chance that our payment option can be stolen from the site. It is an additional security risk which can cost us a lot of problem and huge loss of money. Another thing is whether or not the site is legitimate or scam.