I spoke about Corona virus Symptoms in my previous blog. Kindly go through the below mentioned link if you haven’t read it.
At present there is no drug available to avert Covid 19 – Corona Virus Disease 2019. The epidemic disease which came into existence from China is spreading like fire in the jungle. The respiratory disease has spread worldwide. The virus spreads through respiratory droplets, whenever anyone coughs or sneezes in your vicinity, high chances you may catch the virus too. Health organizations like WHO (World Health Organization) and CDC (Centre for Disease and Control) have suggested few measures to help preclude the outspread of respiratory ailment. The idea is to stick to the foundations:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap to protect yourself from the virus.
- If you are outside, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- In case of sickness, remain at home.
- Stay away from people who are sick.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with dirty or unwashed hands.
- If you have cough, cold or want to sneeze or blow your nose use a tissue and then hurl the tissue in the trash.
- Clean the surface or frequently touched articles on regular basis like door handles, knobs or counter tops using a cleaning agent.
- CDC doesn’t recommend that people should wear a face mask to shield themselves from catching respiratory infection, including Corona virus. Mask can be worn by people who feel they are infected by Covid 19 and want to safeguard the spread of the infection to others.
- Avoid going to public places if not important.
There is no particular antiviral treatment for COVID 19. Following a basic respiratory hygiene is mandatory. If you suffer from fever, cough and breathing related issues consult a doctor immediately and don’t forget to share your preceding travel details with your doctor.