Figs – known as the most amazing fruit, are the fruit of the ficus tree. Figs are native to the Middle east and Mediterranean. It is also grown since ancient times. The taste is very unique, soft in texture and is full of edible tiny seeds. They are very delicate and can be easily spoil, therefore should consume them with in one or two days of purchase. One can find figs during summer and autumn season. A 100 gm of fresh fig contains 43 calories whereas 100 gm of dried fig contains 209 calories therefore it is considered to be in low calories. Here are few health benefits will make you want to have this delicious fruit everyday:
1.Figs are a very good source of soluble fiber and acts as a natural laxative. People who are suffering from constipation should eat them on regular basis.
2. Figs is a high fiber fruit so it makes you full for a longer period of time and reduces your hunger pang which is very essential at the time when you are trying to lose weight.
3. Figs are also rich in calcium which strengthens the bone, increases the bone density and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
4. Figs are rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron and copper which help regulates blood pressure. If the body lacks potassium there can be chances of hypertension.
5. It contains antioxidants which removes free radicals from the body therefore protects you from infection, cancer and diabetes.
6. Figs are rich in Vitamin A which is required for overall growth of reproductive system and keep your other organs healthy.
7. Figs contain omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids that reduces the risk of heart problems. As it contains antioxidants which removes free radicals that can damage blood vessels and also decreases the triglycerides that causes heart disease.
8. People suffering from anemia should consume It on regular basis as it improves the hemoglobin by enhancing the iron level in the body.
9. Figs contain several vitamins and minerals which increases the production of semen in the testicles, which further enhances your sexual ability.
10. During winters, the body gets prone to cold and cough. It is also good for treating sore throat.
11. Figs are a natural sweetener and very nutritious. It also boosts your energy level.
12. Figs also increases your immunity and makes you less susceptible to diseases and infections.
13. Figs have anti-diabetic properties, there are studies to support that. It extract can be used for the treatment of diabetes.
14. Figs are rich in nutrients which promotes hair growth. It also moisturizes and strengthens the hair.
15. Figs also nourishes the skin and makes it supple and growing. It also prevents the skin from breaking out. Make a paste of powdered sugar, lemon and fig (paste), apply it on your skin and see the change after few weeks.
So guys, next time you go to the market don’t forget to buy it either fresh or dry, that is your choice completely.