Water is 100 % calorie free and a blessing to the human kind. Many people tend to complain that they don’t get time to consume enough water since they are busy with work or have a tight schedule or tend to forget. But this lock down can actually turn out to be blissful as you can utilize this time in improving your health and losing weight. Drinking a lot of water can be very helpful when weight loss is a goal. Drinking water can enhance your total energy expenditure up to 100 calories per day. For me it is a magic drink. So what is the best time to drink water?
1. Drink water as you wake up: Drinking water is the best thing you can do as you wake up in the morning on an empty stomach. Body is dehydrated through the night, when we drink water after getting up it replenishes the water lost. Therefore start your day with 2 to 3 glasses of water which further helps you in relieving constipation, releases the toxins stored in the body. It also kick starts your metabolic process which promotes weight loss.
2. Drink hot water: Drinking hot water an hour after you consume your meal, this aids in digestion and helps you get rid of nasal congestion. Hot water can also break down and dispels food product you’ve consumed that your body might have had difficulty in digesting. People who drink hot water regularly seldom face problem of constipation. Drinking hot water increases your body’s temperature and as your body recompenses for the hot temperature of the water, it reduces your internal body temperature which triggers your metabolism and this process further helps in losing weight.
3. Drink water before every meal: When you drink water before every meal it gives a feeling of fullness and you tend to eat fewer amounts of calories. This reduces your appetite which doesn’t let you pile on those extra kilos. There is a survey which showed that people who drank water before their meal consumed less food. Water is a natural hunger suppressant and drinking water before your meal, the tummy senses that it’s full and gives a signal to the mind to stop eating.
4. Drink more water when you feel hungry: Drinking water when you feel hungry curbs your hunger pang and at times the body cannot distinguish whether it wants food or water. Symptoms of dehydration are similar to symptoms of hunger like lack of concentration, headache and weakness. On many occasion people eat because they are bored and not because they are really hungry therefore it is better to drink water instead rather than opting for a high calorie snack.
5. Drink Detox water: When you are bored with regular water, replace it with detox water as and when you feel thirsty. It is a new buzz in the world of fitness and nourishment. Water filled with variety of fresh fruits, vegetables or herbs is referred to as detox water. The infused water helps the body in getting rid of the toxins and helps in reducing those extra kilos. Make sure that the fruit and vegetable should be fresh. The most common infused water are mint leaves, cucumber and citrus fruits.
There is no typical suggestion for how much water to consume but it varies from person to person and a variety of factors which decides your water intake:
- Activity level
- Size of the body
- Exposure to sun
- Health condition
Water aids in maintaining cardiovascular health, keeps muscles and joints functional, and removes toxins from your body. Drink water for a healthy skin.